I’m picking up this meme from Marriages
Restored. I don’t do memes very often,
but it’s been a really long time since my last post and I can’t think of anything
to write. Anyway, here are my answers to the Seven Sevens meme:
Seven Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Play with my grandchildren.
- Meet an angel.
- Publish a book.
- Visit Malaysia and all my Malaysian friends I’ve yet to meet.
- See the northern lights.
- Provide my family with a house and a yard.
- Coin a word that makes it into the dictionary.
Seven Things I Cannot Do
- Laugh at lame jokes.
- Touch my nose with my tongue.
- Take Keanu Reeves seriously.
- Watch a daytime soap opera.
- Enjoy going to the laundromat.
- Throw away a Bible.
Seven Things That Attract Me To My Wife
How ’bout a hundred?
Seven Things I Say Most Often
- "I love you."
- (to Mrs. Happy) "You’re so beautiful."
- (about Tater) "He’s so amazing!"
- "I can’t find my shoes."
- "I need a catchphrase, or at least a watchcry."
Seven Books, Or Series, That I Love
- The Chronicles of Narnia (I have some reservations about the movie from
what I’ve seen of the previews. I’ll be upset if it strays too far from the
original intent of the books.)
- The Winnie-the-Pooh books
(Not the Disney cartoons. Disney deserves some sort of eternal punishment
for those cartoons. See
here for more info.)
- Madeleine L’Engle’s Time quartet
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy trilogy
- All Creatures Great and Small and other books by James Herriot
- Pretty much anything by Dean Koontz, but especiallyOdd
- Imagine: A Vision for Christians in the Arts by Steve Turner
Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again (and have)
- The Princess Bride
- The Muppet Movie
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Raising Arizona
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Serenity (actually, I’ve only seen this once, but it’s going into my DVD
collection when it comes out)
- This is Spinal Tap
Seven Things I Often Wonder…
- Who are all these people and why are they making such an effort to get
in my way?
- Why is living on Long Island so expensive?
- Is my baby really the cutest ever, or is that just my biased opinion?
- What’s going to happen here?
- Does God’s omnipotence preclude humans’ free will or make it possible?
- How did this crap make it onto the radio?
- What will my baby be like in 5, 10, 15, 20…years?